Moyatori over at Moyatorium nominated for the Unique Blogger Award, which I’m super excited about! I’ve really been enjoying their anime posts, especially their Juuni Taisen review (I was starting to think I was the only person that actually finished that show, haha). So thank you, and I hope everyone else checks their blog out – it’s good stuff!
- Display the award!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. (Try and include a little bit of promotion!)
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you!
- Nominate 8-13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family!
- Why did you choose the avatar you have?
I had wanted to make a blog for a while, and when I played Doki Doki Literature Club a month or so ago I really wanted to write about the experience, so I just took a screenshot of my girl Sayori, set it as my avatar, and ran with it.
- Do you share your blogging experience with people you know in real life? To what extent?
Mmm, not really. I tell my boyfriend about it sometimes, haha. Most of my friends aren’t as big into anime as me, which is why I made this blog in the first place – because I wanted to have a place to talk about seasonals and shows I watch, as well as video games I play. So I guess what I’m saying is, there’s not much point in talking about it with them. I’m also kind of weird about sharing my hobbies. I talk about anime a lot IRL and on my public social media, but I get weirdly anxious about certain things. Like, I genuinely want to write freelance at some point in my life, whether it’s about anime or just entertainment stuff in general, but I get kind of embarrassed to say so, for whatever reason. Long story short, the anime blog is kind of on the down-low for me.
- Do you think your blogger persona differs from your real life personality?
This is a good question. You know, it’s weird, because when I first went in to make a blog, I was gonna try and have a certain shtick going on. Like, I was originally just gonna write about gay anime with my icon/persona set as a cow named Revolutionary Girl Mootena. Which, actually, I still kind of want to do, haha. But then I decided to just use my actual real name and write as me. So, I guess the blogger persona and the actual me are pretty much the same, except that the me on social media never capitalizes her sentences or punctuates properly.
- If you were to blog about a different subject other than what you blog about now, what would it be?
- What’s the scariest movie/anime/tv show/etc you’ve ever seen?
- Have you ever watched a movie/anime/tv show/etc that reminded you of home?
To be honest, I’m pretty sure most of the people I would nominate have probably already been nominated, so if you’ve already done it, it’s all good – just know that I really dig your blog! And of course, if you just don’t feel like doing one of these posts, that’s cool, too – just consider it a shout-out or something.
- Sirius: They do a lot of reviews for anime that that I haven’t seen, so their posts bring new stuff to my attention almost every time.
- TheSpookyRedhead: I like all the listicles, and plus I gotta give ’em a shout out because I’m a spooky redhead myself 😀
- FueledBySmiling: preeeeeeeeeeetty sure I already saw them get nominated, but they really do have one of the most unique blogs I’ve seen. I mean, I haven’t seen anyone else do spotlights on their spam folders before. Who knew anyone could make a spam folder so fun?
- Scott: I dig all the non-review stuff he posts. You write some really interesting stuff, dude!
- Irina: hehe you’ve definitely been nominated and already did this, so I’m just gonna use this to say that you’re great and thanks for being so welcoming!!
- Fiddletwix: I don’t think we follow each other so maybe they won’t see this, but I really got a kick out of their Christmas series where they reviewed old cartoon Christmas specials.
- Marth: I really enjoy their seasonal reviews/posts 🙂